MAF CODE PULLED CAR IDLES ROUGH

2005 Buick Rendezvous

brushca

September, 14, 2012 AT 8:55 PM

MAF code pulled. Car idles rough and may stall if coming to stop/decelerating. Temporarily corrected with Seafoam. Already replaced fuel filter.

My car has been idling rough, and at times stalls when taking my foot off of the accelerator, upon coming to a stop. Even when it doesn't stall, the RPMs waver (tending to drop) between 500-1000 RPMs when idling. When my car does stall out, it will crank over again, with difficulty getting started.

I add Seafoam to the gas tank which tends to temporarily fix the problem for a week or two. I brought my car into a shop for the problem and they pulled the code, which indicated that the mass air flow sensor was not working properly. I don't have a check engine light displayed. I recently replaced my fuel filter, so I know that is not it.

Any suggestions? Do you think a faulty MAF could cause this?

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

saturntech9

September, 14, 2012 AT 9:43 PM

Do you have any codes now have you checked?Also have you tried cleaning the mass air flow sensor with mass air flow sensor cleaner to see if it runs any different?

brushca

November, 8, 2012 AT 4:21 PM

Sorry for my delayed response. Since we last spoke, I have tried cleaning the MAF along with replacing it with a new MAF once the CEL came on. The problem corrected itself for about a week and a half and then started up again. The car would stall, I would wait, restart and it would run fine. Just this week, my car began to act up and this time the CEL came on again and coded for MAF again. I know it is not the MAF because I just replaced it for the second time (from the dealer). What else could be faulty, causing the computer to throw a MAF code? I have checked for vacuum leaks and replaced my spark plugs. Could it be the IAC? What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

saturntech9

November, 8, 2012 AT 6:15 PM

I really need you to share what the exact code numbers are not code descriptions are with me?Then I have a clear understanding of which on it is.I can give you more info when I get that also how did you check for vacuum leaks?