AC drain tube

RICBAIR
  • 2005 BUICK LESABRE
Where is the ac drain tube for my car?
Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 AT 7:53 PM

KEN
The evaporator drain or condensation tube is located at the lower bend of the firewall near the engine under the evaporator case on the outside. This tube is used to remove water from the air conditioner and when it plugs water can get inside you car.

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken
+3
Friday, October 20th, 2017 AT 3:26 PM
MARKCARLSON
  • 1997 BUICK LESABRE
I have clear water running down into the floorboards of the passenger side from time to time. No rain in weeks. Trying to roust a mouse out of the ar with a wire under the dash and think I knocked the tube loose.
+1
Friday, October 20th, 2017 AT 3:27 PM (Merged)
The drain hose is on the outside, on the front of the firewall under the hood. More likely that varmint built a nest and plugged the drain port. Look for that drain hose on the passenger side, squeeze the wire ring holding it on, pull it off, then stick a pencil into the tube to dislodge the debris. Normally the junk will wash out with the built-up water, but if it's a mouse nest, you might need more drastic measures to clear it all out. You might try fashioning an attachment you can connect to a vacuum cleaner hose.
+1
B VANDERWAGEN
  • 1999 BUICK LESABRE
I need location (diagram) of the A/C drain hose on a 1999 Buick Lasabre. Leaking on front drivers side and needs changing.
+2
SATURNTECH9
The a/c drain should be on the firewall in the engine compartment about half way down towards the middle. Sounds like its clogged and the a/c box is overflowing from the a/c condensation not draining out.
+2