Had an instrument failure recently and it was.

HOOSMOM
  • 2005 AUDI TT

Had an instrument failure recently and it was replaced by dealer. When I went to pick up the vehicle it wouldn't move. I was told the rear prake pad and rotor needed to be replaced. Is this problem related to the instrument cluster failure?

Friday, October 19th, 2012 AT 11:22 PM

The two is not tight in together-what kind of instrumentation problem does it have? Did they fix the brakes yet?

Friday, October 19th, 2012 AT 11:38 PM
HOOSMOM

The brakes were fine. The instrument cluster failed three weeks ago while driving on the interstate. It took lots of negotiation and work to get it repaired. When I tried to pick up the car today, the rear brakes locked up and I couldn't move the car. The emergency brake was very tight and I couldn't apply it completely. I was told the right rear brake pad had failed and both it and the rotor needed to replaced. I can't believe that this was just a coincidence. Can all of this be related?

Saturday, October 20th, 2012 AT 1:29 AM

If the brake system is functioning properly before you took it in-I say ask the service manager what's going on here-I don't think its a coincidence-something happened

Saturday, October 20th, 2012 AT 1:37 AM