DAMAGED DOOR

2005 Acura TSX

haley.adams11

September, 4, 2011 AT 3:32 PM

Below is the image of my damaged door. I was looking for the best way to fix it in order to sell it. Should I sell it as is and allow someone else to fix it or would I get my money back after I sold it if I went ahead and fixed it? Should I buy a whole new door for the car or would a shop be able to work with it and get the dents out? The black markings can be buffed out. There is no paint damage. But Idk if those dents would be able to come out all the way.

Rear Door

caradiodoc

September, 4, 2011 AT 7:02 PM

The dents can be worked out by an experienced body professional, but they aren't going to waste their time approaching it that way. Time is money and they will repair it the fastest way possible to save you money. That typically involves "skinning" the door. They will grind around the edges to pop the outer sheet metal off, and remove the inner lip, then install a new skin and crimp the lip around like the original one was. If they hammered out the dents, the paint in the area would still be destroyed, so you know the entire door panel will have to be painted.

fixitmr

September, 4, 2011 AT 7:09 PM

If you can find a door the same color at the junk yard that would maybe the fastest easiest cheapest way especially if you could change it yourself?

fixitmr

September, 4, 2011 AT 7:12 PM

Or forget the hassle and just sell like it is. Wait for the buyer that is not discouraged/offended much by damage. Price it so you can deduct for repairs during deal and still get good money for it?

Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner