XC90 T6 POWER STEERING LEAKING

2004 Volvo V90

sugree

April, 2, 2011 AT 5:35 PM

My power steering is leaking. Is this something I can repair myself?

fixitmr

April, 2, 2011 AT 5:57 PM

That's a good question. Anything is possible if you have the tools and the time as they say. Whether it's easy or hard depends on where the leak is. You have a pump and hoses/connections and the steering unit itself as possible leak points.

sugree

April, 4, 2011 AT 5:58 PM

I was able to find out exactly what needs fixing. Power steering reservoir. Can I fix this myself? If so, what parts do I need?

fixitmr

April, 4, 2011 AT 6:51 PM

So you mean the leak is apparent at the reservoir? Is it the reservoir itself or a hose connection?

sugree

April, 4, 2011 AT 7:02 PM

All the estimate says is steering reservoir and $350 to fix it. I was told that fluid was leaking, they tightened the hose to stop leaking temporarily. That is all the information I was provided.

fixitmr

April, 4, 2011 AT 7:18 PM

And actually tighening the hose may be all that is required? I take it you ran low on fluid and the steering was noisy and that's how you became aware of the problem?

sugree

April, 4, 2011 AT 7:52 PM

Thanks for your rude comment. I will not need someone to baby step me and walk me through the process. I was just hoping that someone with experience could tell me what parts I need and I could go from there. I came to this sight asking for your expertise not your opinion!

And no, I did not run low on fluid. My car was in the shop having the transmission replaced and they notified me of other problems with the car. I was hoping to repair what I can myself, rather then paying Volvo an arm and a leg to do it for me.

Thanks!

fixitmr

April, 4, 2011 AT 8:13 PM

Your question while seemingly sensible and complete was uninformative and VAGUE. This tends to make me think a CHILD is asking the question? Or a completely inexperieneced adult that believes they are dealing with their psychic?

sugree

April, 4, 2011 AT 8:34 PM

And you call yourself an expert. You are not being paid to give your opinions. If I knew what parts I needed, I would not be here asking.

fixitmr

April, 4, 2011 AT 11:14 PM

The obvious parts you might need are the reservoir and it's hoses and clamps? Did you even look under the hood yet? They also told you they did a temporary fix? Did you check to see if it worked? Maybe it's a permanent fix? Clamps can get loose and all they need is tightening. I'm done now. Nice discussing this with you.

sugree

April, 5, 2011 AT 12:42 AM

Thanks for your help. Was it that difficult to tell me what I needed in the first place? I will make sure to tell this site how condescending you have been. Oh yeah, they can read it for themselves.

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Replace Tie Rod End