Clutch continues to go soft

KORYSPAIN
  • 2004 VOLKSWAGEN JETTA

I have a 2004 Jetta GLi 1.8T 6 speed manual with a clutch that simply continues to go soft, and eventually just gets to the point where the pedal has no pressure or resistance to it.

I have taken it into a transmission shop 3 times. First visit, the mechanic said that he couldn't see a leak anywhere and he felt that it could be a faulty hose bracket. He replaced this, and within 2 days in went soft again. Brought it in again, he bled the system and refilled the hydraulic fluid. This time, within a day it went soft again, and I brought it in again before it went completely flat again.

Third visit in, the mechanic seemed stumped and suggested replacing the master cylinder, which I have now done and just got it back today. It feels to me that, within the time I've got the car back on my drive home - its already starting to go a little soft again. I am SO frustrated and now I've spent over 700 on these possible fixes that are just not working. Can someone help this dude out, cause I don't want to spend anymore money on this. What is he not seeing?

Thanks!

Friday, November 25th, 2011 AT 2:25 AM

Are you sure its not leaking anywhere? -Check the clutch slave and rebleed the hydraulic system again

Friday, November 25th, 2011 AT 2:30 AM

Other Transmission Clutch Master Primary Cylinder Questions