MY 2004 TOYOTA COROLLA RUNS PERFECTLY BESIDES ...

2004 Toyota Corolla

ooamandaoo

December, 16, 2012 AT 10:14 PM

My 2004 Toyota Corolla runs perfectly, besides when I put the air con on and I can hear quite a loud whirring noise, the higher the fan speed the louder the noise. I dont want to have to remortgage my house and take it to toyota, because it seems like it SHOULD be simple to fix. But I just cant work out whats wrong with it!

saturntech9

December, 16, 2012 AT 10:24 PM

So the noise is coming from the blower motor?It does it with the heat on as well?

ooamandaoo

December, 16, 2012 AT 11:00 PM

It does it any time the fan is on, even if its just fan, a/c, or heat. When I lift the hood up all I can hear is a whirring noise, but im not sure where its coming from. Someone else suggested the air conditioner bearing, but I cant find much information on what that would sound like if it were the problem.

saturntech9

December, 16, 2012 AT 11:20 PM

Sounds like the blower motor if it makes the noise with the ac on or off. Or some debris trapped in the blower motor wheel drop the motor loose and have a look.

Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement