1st Timing Chain and Chain Tensioner Removal and Installation
1) Remove engine assembly from vehicle.
2) Remove oil pan.
3) Remove cylinder head cover.
4) Remove timing chain cover.
5) For reinstallation of timing chain, turn crankshaft so that timing marks on cylinder head and lower crankcase match with those on sprockets as shown in figure.
6) Remove 2nd timing chain.
7) Remove timing chain guide No.1 (1).
8) Remove timing chain tensioner adjuster No.1 (2).
9) Remove timing chain tensioner
10) Remove idler sprocket and 1st timing chain.
11) Remove crankshaft timing sprocket.
1) Check that match mark (1) on crankshaft timing sprocket is in match with timing mark (2) on lower crankcase.
2) Install crankshaft timing sprocket (2) as shown in figure.
3) Apply oil to bush of idler sprocket (1).
4) Install idler sprocket and sprocket shaft.
5) Install 1st timing chain by aligning dark blue plate (4) of 1st timing chain (3) and match mark (2) on idler sprocket (1).
6) Bring yellow plate (4) of 1st timing chain (3) into match with match mark (2) on crankshaft timing sprocket (1).
7) Apply engine oil to sliding surface of timing chain tensioner (1) and then install it as shown in figure. Tighten tensioner nut to specified torque.
Timing chain tensioner nut (a): 25 Nm (2.5 kgf-cm, 18.0 ft. Lbs.)
8) With latch of tensioner adjuster No.1 returned and plunger (1) pushed back into body, insert stopper (4) into latch (2) and body (3).
After inserting it, check to make sure that plunger will not come out.
9) Install timing chain tensioner (2) adjuster No.1 (1).
Timing chain tensioner adjuster No.1 bolts (a): 11 Nm (1.1 kgf-cm, 8.0 ft. Lbs.)
10) Pull out stopper (3) from adjuster No. 1.
11) Apply engine oil to sliding surface of timing chain guide No.1 (1) and then install it.
Tighten guide bolts to specified torque.
Timing chain guide No.1 bolts (a): 9 Nm (0.9 kgf-cm, 6.5 ft. Lbs.)
12) Check that dark blue and yellow plates of 1st timing chain are in match with match marks on sprockets respectively.
13) Install 2nd timing chain.
14) Install timing chain cover.
15) Install cylinder head cover.
16) Install oil pan.
17) Install engine assembly to vehicle.
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Monday, December 24th, 2012 AT 11:41 PM