2004 Subaru Impreza Engine

KILLOUGH0
  • 2004 SUBARU IMPREZA
  • TURBO
  • AWD
When I start the car it is fine but when I press the accelerator and go fast I see white smoke coming from under the hood through the hood scoop it stills runs good doesn't over heat no white smoke from exhaust now I did have a tune up and changed both valve cover gaskets do you think that it could just be all the oil that spilled and is burning off I don't have a oil leak I just want to find out what the problem could be. It comes from where there is the yellow circle and the arrow is pointing down it comes from somewhere down there cant see where it is coming from all I can see is white smoke.
Sunday, May 10th, 2015 AT 12:10 PM

If I am looking at the pic correctly, that is where the turbo is located. They are known to leak oil. Does the smoke have an odor to it?
Sunday, May 10th, 2015 AT 7:29 PM
KILLOUGH0
No the smoke does not have an odor to it nor do I see an oil leak do you think that it could have a coolant leak like in one of the hoses leaking.
Sunday, May 10th, 2015 AT 8:21 PM
It could, but coolant has a sweet smell to it and you said there is no smell.
Monday, May 11th, 2015 AT 8:33 AM
KILLOUGH0
Yes but yesterday I was driving and and I saw alot of more white smoke, it was coming from the same spot. When I looked under my hood there was alot more smoke and fluid all over my engine near the radiator.
+1
Monday, May 11th, 2015 AT 9:11 AM
Is it coolant?
Tuesday, May 12th, 2015 AT 5:22 AM
KILLOUGH0
Couldn't really tell it was nightime but the smoke was coming from the top of the radiator and there was fluid everywhere even on the radiator
Tuesday, May 12th, 2015 AT 7:23 AM
Sounds like coolant. Confirm that and let me know.
Thursday, May 14th, 2015 AT 6:01 AM
M_H_RITZEL
Looks like a coolant hose. If it is where the arrow is then that is what it is. You can take and get a new hose and if you can't then I would drain some coolant out so you can get the hose off. Feel the hose to make sure there is no week spots in it. Odds are that there is a pin hole in the rubber hose. You can cut it off to just past the hole. Then reattach the hose and make sure the clamp is tight.
Wednesday, August 19th, 2015 AT 3:21 PM