The wipers and radio sometimes will not work

JUDY98221
  • 2004 SUBARU FORESTER

The wipers and radio sometimes will not work until about five minutes after having started the engine. What could be the problem here? The malfunction always includes both the wipers and radio simultaneously. I live in Seattle, and cannot drive when the wipers will not work! Many thanks.

Friday, November 30th, 2012 AT 12:54 AM

KHLOW2008

The only thing common among the components listed would be the ignition switch. Check fuse number nine and number fifteen for battery voltage when the wipers fails to work. Most probably the mirrors could not be adjusted as well. The power sockets, clock and heater seat (if equipped) would not be functioning as well.

+3
Friday, November 30th, 2012 AT 3:24 PM
JUDY98221

You are awesome and speedy with your reply KHLow2008. Many thanks. Judy in Seattle.

+1
Saturday, December 1st, 2012 AT 5:45 AM
KHLOW2008

You are welcome.

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Sunday, December 2nd, 2012 AT 7:13 PM
MOJOPANTHERS
  • 2003 SUBARU FORESTER
  • AWD
  • MERGED

Sometimes the radio and wipers do not work when the engine is running. When the engine is off both will work. I can be driving and all of a sudden both the radio and wipers will start working again.

+1
Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 3:44 PM
BLOOMIN
  • 2009 SUBARU FORESTER
  • MERGED

Six cylinder all wheel drive automatic 1,200 miles

a large amount of snow slid down from my roof to my windshield while the wipers were on. I tried to shut the off as fast as I could but was too late. Now my driver side wiper does not work right. When the wiper goes up it goes right past the window frame and stops at the mirror. There is no service available for three days and we are in the midst of a major snow storm. Well, three storms.

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 3:44 PM

Recommended articles