I HAVE A CAR & I AM HAVING TROUBLE STARTING IT

2004 Smart Roadster

sandra123

October, 30, 2011 AT 7:33 PM

I have installed a new sam had the key codes installed, car ran but sam installer advised there was corrosion round the connector plugs having cleaned the plugs engine started but only passenger lights worked and no wipers worked, disconnected & reconnected sam lights worked but no wipers or engine this time, i'm at my wits end, it seems every time I disconnect I get less to work

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

Jacobandnickolas

November, 4, 2011 AT 4:06 AM

Hi: Before I start, I have to say I am not an expert on this type of car. However, it has been here a few day and no one is answering. As far as the issue, your hands have to be on the problem. Otherwise, it wouldn't change each time you unplug and replug the connector. Check to make sure no pins are moving when you connect it. Also, make sure none of the wires are skinned causing a short. On the other hand, make sure if there is a ground from the connector, it is tight and clean.

Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right