HOW TO REPLACE BELT MOLDING

2004 Saturn Ion

Zbruni

September, 19, 2012 AT 10:06 PM

I have a Saturn ion 2 quad coupe. On the front doors, the belt molding (molding at top of door panel, rubbing along window, ) is dry rotted and bubbled up. I found the parts online but, I'm confused as to how to actually replace it and weather or not the parts come with the inside weather stripping attached or if that's separate. Where can I find a full diagram of the door panels or, how do I replace the molding?

saturntech9

September, 19, 2012 AT 10:44 PM

Is this the outside molding that attaches to the top of the outter door skin?

Zbruni

September, 19, 2012 AT 11:31 PM

Yes I believe so.

saturntech9

September, 19, 2012 AT 11:38 PM

You have the inner belt molding at the top of the inner door panel base of the window. Or the outter belt molding at the top of the outter door skin base of the window?

Zbruni

September, 20, 2012 AT 12:31 AM

The outer belt molding is what needs to be replaced

saturntech9

September, 20, 2012 AT 12:38 AM

That one comes complete with the rubber piece. What website did you find it at?

Zbruni

September, 20, 2012 AT 1:02 AM

It was a discount Gm parts website called discountsgmparts. Net

saturntech9

September, 20, 2012 AT 1:30 AM

They also have them at www. Parts. Com I have ordered dealer item parts from them before.

saturntech9

September, 20, 2012 AT 5:59 AM

That molding is easy to change open the door you will see a screw holding the molding on opposite side of the mirror. Remove the screw then the molding pops up and slide it out from under the mirror.

Zbruni

September, 20, 2012 AT 9:31 AM

Thank you is replacing the new one just as easy or do I have to beware of anything while sliding it in?

saturntech9

September, 20, 2012 AT 3:13 PM

No you you just snap the mirror side of the molding down then slide the molding under the mirror then snap the rest of it down. Then put the screw back in its really easy.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner