DOES A FAULTY WINDOW MOTOR AFFECT THE CENTRAL LOCKING SYSTEM?

2004 Renault Megane

Louise72

January, 23, 2012 AT 11:06 AM

The passenger side window on my Megane would not come back up.
I called the RAC out and the mechanic has since had the door panel off and discovered that the window motor has burnt out so the window was manually put back up. I have since discovered that the central locking will not work. Is this connected to the window motor fault or is there another problem that I should be resolving?

Does the central locking system think that the window is still down?

The chap from the RAC stated that this was a conincidence and I need a central locking sensor as well. Is this true or am I worrying for nothing?

Please help!

L

January, 23, 2012 AT 11:41 AM

Power window and central locking system are on different circuits so the power window is not related to it. However work on the power window could have affected the central locking wirings so you need to check and trest the circuit to confirm.

Check for blown fuses first.

Louise72

January, 23, 2012 AT 11:45 AM

Hi
Where can I locate the central locking circuit?
Fuses to the door have all been checked by the RAC and there is power located to all other components.
L

Our database does not have any information on your vehicle so I am not able to provide any exact locations. The central locking fuse should be in underhood fuse box.

Central locking unit are usually under dash. Some are under the seats and for some they are insiade the driver door panel.

Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Ford F-250
Windshield Wiper Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Reverse Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Escape
Wiper Blade Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Prius