VAN

2004 Pontiac Montana

doone

November, 27, 2010 AT 3:22 AM

Water leaks.
carpet is wet on both driver a passenger side by the door. I have seen water drip from the top of the emergency break where he side panel covers the break. The windshield has been resealed as step 1. The seams under the rubber of the rood line of the door opening has also been sealed as step 2. Water still leaks. Are there any other known areas? This is very frustrating. The vehicle has been 100% problem free untill this.

gmtech

November, 27, 2010 AT 4:17 AM

More than likely you have open body seams in your wheel wells. The body seams have sealer that has likely shrunken over time. Look at the back of the wheel wells and look for gaps. Seal up with a silcone sealer or a tar spray.

doone

November, 27, 2010 AT 1:48 PM

Thanks very much, I will look at this. If you have any other thoughts, they would be appeciated. I will have to wait for a warmer day to do this as winter has no entered Southern Ontario.

gmtech

November, 27, 2010 AT 1:50 PM

Where abouts are you in southern ontario? I work in Oshawa.

doone

November, 27, 2010 AT 3:16 PM

In London, For me to get at the back of the wheel wells, this is a little bit to do when you have no garage so I need nice weather. All the coverings will have to come off to get in there to seal the joints. Also just thinking, the vehicle was oil sprayed 2 weeks ago so will a silicone and tar spray adhere to the metal? I may have to wait until spring and wash the oil out too.

gmtech

November, 27, 2010 AT 3:35 PM

It will probably have to be cleaned before the adhesive sticks to it. If the oil spray got in there, it may have reduced the amount of water coming in. And when it is below zero, everything will freeze anyway so not much will come in. One more thing to check is there is a body seam under the weatherstrip that runs up the side of windshield, right at the top corner of w/shield. Sometimes there is a gap there but usually the water leaks in and drops throught map light by the rear view mirror

Open Hood Video
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe