Heater blower fan quit and 30amp battery main.

ANONYMOUS
  • 2004 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX

Heater blower fan quit and 30amp battery main fuse under hood blew replaced fan and fuse. Blower ran on high as soon as pluged into harness, I replaced module and worked fine for 1 week then started running continuously on high again. Replaced module again and worked fine for a day next day started and instantly went to high setting when turned knob onto lowest setting

Thursday, January 31st, 2013 AT 6:43 PM

ASEMASTER6371

Did you replace the connector?

Thursday, January 31st, 2013 AT 9:55 PM
BRUCEMAY

What are you calling "THE CONNECTOR"

Saturday, February 2nd, 2013 AT 1:57 AM
GMTECH
  • 552 POSTS

If you are continuously blowing a fuse you need to figure out the cause. I am sure the module burns out and blows the fuse but have you considered that the blower motor might be drawing too much current. You potentially have a small water leak into you heater case that could case your blower motor to rust and draw more current.

Saturday, February 2nd, 2013 AT 5:21 AM
BRUCEMAY

The leak was repaired prior to replacing fan motor and fuse hasnt blown sice I replaced it the one time. No water is on or around new motor.

Saturday, February 2nd, 2013 AT 11:17 PM