WHERE CAN I GET A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR THE GAUGES ...

2004 Pontiac Grand Am

srburch1x

March, 19, 2013 AT 6:25 PM

Where can I get a wiring diagram for the gauges in the dash?

March, 19, 2013 AT 10:03 PM

I think you need to check for applicable trouble codes, first. Some of the national brand autostores will check codes for free. Several of the sending units send signal to pcm, the pcm sends class2 data to the instrument panel cluster.

You can check fuses for the instrument cluster and you can check ground. The ground wire is black with white tracer. The fuses are in the diagram.

srburch1x

March, 21, 2013 AT 8:14 PM

Thanks for your reply. I'm not trying to diagnosis a problem, trying to install new aftermarket gauges using existing feed wires.

March, 21, 2013 AT 9:03 PM

Are the new gages/cluster compatible with the system?

srburch1x

March, 21, 2013 AT 9:16 PM

How would I find that out?

March, 22, 2013 AT 8:33 PM

If original instrument cluster connectors wont work with new cluster, you got problems, in my opinion. Did the new cluster come with wiring instructions? If not, I'm not sure how to help? I already explained how the original cluster works.

srburch1x

March, 22, 2013 AT 8:58 PM

I have 5 wires from the existing harness for the gauges, I need to know which color wire goes to which gauge. The new gauges didn't come with wiring. The tach & speedometer doesn; t come with a sending union. I'm trying to hook into the existing harness, and need to know what color wires go to the tach & speedometer, all others come sending units.

Thanks!

March, 22, 2013 AT 9:20 PM

This is for speedometer wiring. Voltage and ground.

The vehicle speed sensor sends signal to pcm. The Pcm sends class2 serial data signal to instrument for speedometer.

If you get away from factory set-up, I can't help you.

March, 22, 2013 AT 9:22 PM

I got paid 50 cents for talking to you. You got more than your moneys worth, Im done.

srburch1x

March, 23, 2013 AT 6:24 AM

Thank you.

March, 23, 2013 AT 3:23 PM

I apologize if last answer sounded rude. Yesterday wasnt a good day for me. I should have said, Im not sure how to go any further with your issue, which is the truth.

I do realize that at 50 cents I am over-paid. Everybody has good days and bad days. I can try to help with diagrams, but, after that, I dont know.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement