CAN A AC COMPRESSOR CAUSE PCU TO GO BAD

2004 Pontiac Grand Am

cmonster

July, 11, 2012 AT 4:54 PM

I had my car in the shop a year ago because it wouldn't start. Come to find out the pcu was bad. They told me that the air compressor was the cause of it. I didn't have the money at the time to pay for that to. It didn't sound right anyways. They left it unplugged and said that would work

Docfixit

July, 11, 2012 AT 4:57 PM

NO total BS

cmonster

July, 12, 2012 AT 5:04 PM

So I can plug it back in and everything will be fine? I just don't want to have to buy another

Docfixit

July, 12, 2012 AT 5:16 PM

AC compressor is controled by a relay no direct connection to PCM. Where they saying comp locked up? AC working before no start? No start mean it cranked but would not run?

cmonster

July, 12, 2012 AT 6:10 PM

It worked great before the no start. Yes it would crank all day and not start. They just said the comp was what caused the pcm to go bad

Docfixit

July, 12, 2012 AT 6:15 PM

Story sounds fishy did check engine light come on? Security light? PCM rarely failes suspect fuel pump or cam or crank sensor was cause. May wany a second opinion not being able to see vehicle hard to say if all will be fine if plug Comp

cmonster

July, 12, 2012 AT 6:20 PM

Pcm and crank postion sensor was changed and works great now. I had no lights. Would run great before it was replaced if I disconnected battery for a few mins

Docfixit

July, 12, 2012 AT 6:26 PM

Suspect crank sensor was fault the AC story makes NO sence and could not cause PCM to fail. This your regular shop?

cmonster

July, 12, 2012 AT 6:28 PM

It was a place that was recommended to me. I had just moved and I do a lot of my own work on my cars. Just don't know anything with computers

Docfixit

July, 12, 2012 AT 8:03 PM

So going to plug it in?

cmonster

July, 12, 2012 AT 10:46 PM

Would you if you were me?

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet