I HAVE A 2004 OLDSMOBILE SILOHETTE VAN

2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette

PlayMaker52

I have a 2004 Oldsmobile Silohette Van. There is a odor of gas when I run the defrost. I initially replaced the gas cap which was bad, but the odor still remains. Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Can you smell gas under the hood? Did you visually inspect for a gas leak? Also, check the evap system, for leaks.

PlayMaker52

When I initially troubleshot the problem, I did not smell or detect any leaks under the hood. It only is apparent when the blower is on. Where should I look. Around the fuel injectors? Do you think fuel injector cleaning could help?

As far as the evap system, are you talking about the exhaust?

The evap system routes fumes from the gas tank to engine compartment. Then the fumes are mixed in with the fuel system. Are there any applicable trouble codes? Some of the national brand autostores will check codes for free.

Check the fuel lines, under the vehicle, under the hood. Check fuel rail. Pull the vacuum line off the pressure regulator, any gas in the line? Smell of crankcase oil dipstick, does it smell like gas?

Replace Gas Cap
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006