RAW FUEL SMELL INSIDE OF CAR

2004 Oldsmobile Alero

2345green

March, 15, 2012 AT 2:25 AM

I just took my car to the chev dealer to have it inspected for any kind of gas leak. It is not an exhaust smell but a fuel smell. It seemd to only do it when I remote start my car first thing in the morning when the temperature is about -8 (celsius)& I have the heat on high. The smell is so strong that I have to open my windows to breathe. Usually by the time I drive about 5-10 minutes or so the smell goes away & does not come back until the initial start the next morning. The dealership found nothing wrong with my car at all & cannot seem to be able to smell the fuel as the temperature wasn't quite cold enough that morning. Very frustrating! Any ideas?

saturntech9

March, 15, 2012 AT 2:31 AM

If your looking for a fuel leak put some fuel leak dye in the tank. Then you can look for the leak with a dye light.

March, 15, 2012 AT 2:34 AM

You can try an emission testing station and have them sniff it out where exactly is it leaking at, might have to leave it overnite to be checked out-

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford
Coolant Drain and Refill Chevrolet Tahoe
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer