TIMING CHAIN SETTINGS AND FIRING ORDER FOR 1.8 LITRE

2004 Nissan Sentra

scooptommy

September, 6, 2011 AT 10:46 PM

My 2004 Nissan Sentra with 1.8 litre engine and 130,000 kms on it is not behaving: ( I recently had the cam sensor replaced (twice) but after a week or two it acts up again, sputtering and******** especially in the mornings. Can you help? Thanks

Jacobandnickolas

September, 6, 2011 AT 10:55 PM

It could deal with a stretched timing belt.

September, 7, 2011 AT 4:42 PM

Is the Check Engine Light indicating? What was the reason for replacing the cam sensor?

scooptommy

September, 7, 2011 AT 6:49 PM

Hi There,

The "service engine" light is on, the scan said the cam sensor was the reason so I had it replaced, it was OK for no more than a week or so and the same problem started all over again. I purchased a second cam sensor from the Nissan dealership in my area and the same thing happened? After the car is running for awhile it works fine, but it takes a while for it to get going. It starts right away but sputters and coughs all over the place. Thanks

scooptommy

September, 7, 2011 AT 6:53 PM

Hi There, The "Service Engine" light is on, a scan of the engine said the cam sensor was bad so I had it replace, it worked well for a week or so and the same thing started again. I purchased a second cam sensor and again it was alright for a few days and gone again. The car starts right away but when I first start it it sputters and coughs all over the place, after it's running for a while it clears up and runs smoothly. (The cam sensors I purchased were from the Nissan dealership in my area). Thanks

September, 7, 2011 AT 6:58 PM

What was the EXACT troube code retrieved?

Jacobandnickolas

September, 8, 2011 AT 1:44 PM

If the timing belt is stretched, it could cause the sensors to misread what is going on.

Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang