Timing chain settings and firing order for 2004 Sentra 1.8 litre

SCOOPTOMMY
  • 2004 NISSAN SENTRA

My 2004 Nissan Sentra with 1.8 litre engine and 130,000 kms on it is not behaving:( I recently had the cam sensor replaced (twice) but after a week or two it acts up again, sputtering and******** especially in the mornings. Can you help? Thanks

Tuesday, September 6th, 2011 AT 10:46 PM

It could deal with a stretched timing belt.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Tuesday, September 6th, 2011 AT 10:55 PM
KHLOW2008

Is the Check Engine Light indicating? What was the reason for replacing the cam sensor?

Wednesday, September 7th, 2011 AT 4:42 PM
SCOOPTOMMY

Hi There,

The "service engine" light is on, the scan said the cam sensor was the reason so I had it replaced, it was OK for no more than a week or so and the same problem started all over again. I purchased a second cam sensor from the Nissan dealership in my area and the same thing happened? After the car is running for awhile it works fine, but it takes a while for it to get going. It starts right away but sputters and coughs all over the place. Thanks

Wednesday, September 7th, 2011 AT 6:49 PM
SCOOPTOMMY

Hi There, The "Service Engine" light is on, a scan of the engine said the cam sensor was bad so I had it replace, it worked well for a week or so and the same thing started again. I purchased a second cam sensor and again it was alright for a few days and gone again. The car starts right away but when I first start it it sputters and coughs all over the place, after it's running for a while it clears up and runs smoothly. (The cam sensors I purchased were from the Nissan dealership in my area). Thanks

Wednesday, September 7th, 2011 AT 6:53 PM
KHLOW2008

What was the EXACT troube code retrieved?

Wednesday, September 7th, 2011 AT 6:58 PM

If the timing belt is stretched, it could cause the sensors to misread what is going on.

Thursday, September 8th, 2011 AT 1:44 PM