MY CAR IDLES UNDER 1000 RPMS AND SHUTS OFF WHEN ...

2004 Nissan Sentra

ashley.krumnack

March, 11, 2013 AT 4:31 AM

My car idles under 1000 rpm's and shuts off when at a complete stop, once gas is given it will ride smooth, Bought it 6 months ago, just replaced the spark plugs, thermostat, head gasket due to a torked spark plug broken off inside. Mechanic cannot find anything no check engine light and only code pulling up is multiple cylinder misfire. What can be causing this? It started shaking after I changed the coolant and replaced my radiator cap and I assumed it was the spark plugs since I failed to change them, they had corrosion when removing and now after getting it fixed Im here to idling before 1000. But before (which only lasted one day) It would idle once I turned the car on then it would stop after dropping to 1000 rpms's. What could be causing this?

Jacobandnickolas

March, 11, 2013 AT 12:33 PM

Have you checked for vacuum leaks? Have you checked the idle air control valve?

ashley.krumnack

March, 12, 2013 AT 3:59 PM

No vacuum leaks, the idle air control valve is my next step, but I am thinking of taking it into nissan

Jacobandnickolas

March, 20, 2013 AT 1:43 AM

Remove the IAC and have someone cycle the switch on and off to see if it is working.

Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230