CAR

2004 Nissan Maxima

dhornb1

August, 31, 2012 AT 5:24 PM

My '04 Nissan Maxima overheats only when at idle, the temp drops back to normal when car is moving. Also, I just noticed that the a/c doesnt blow cold air while at idle either. It blows cold once the car is moving.

.I'm thinking that the 2 problems are being caused by either a bad fan motor or bad fan motor fuse. Is it most likely that or could it be something else?

Thanks for your help!

No Heat

August, 31, 2012 AT 5:59 PM

Check the cooling fans first. Both should come on with the A/C turned on and compressor running.

Ensure there are sufficient coolant in the radiator and you do not have coolant losses.

dhornb1

August, 31, 2012 AT 6:07 PM

I havent looked at it yet but I believe there are 2 fans. Is there 1 fuse for both fans or does each fan have their own fuse?

(I assume if one one fan is turning then I have a bad fan motor on one).

August, 31, 2012 AT 6:14 PM

They are 2 different circuits and work independent of each other. Have a look first.

dhornb1

August, 31, 2012 AT 6:15 PM

Oops sorry for the typo.I meant to say that I assume if only one fan is turning then I have a bad fan motor on the other one.

dhornb1

August, 31, 2012 AT 6:16 PM

Oh ok, thanks!

August, 31, 2012 AT 6:55 PM

You need test to confirm if it is a fan or other issues.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement