IM HAVING SERIOUS BRAKE ISSUES AND CANT FIGURE IT OUT...

2004 Nissan 350Z

nicholas345

October, 25, 2011 AT 5:26 AM

Its kind of a long story and a bit confusing,

I have a 2004 Nissan 350z

I changed the rear brake pads and it started squeeling a few days after this and a knock started occuring constantly like once the car is in motion front or reverse. I got a mechanic to resurface the rotors and clean the pistons and it helped with about 90% of the squeeling however had no affect on the knocking. He then said the differential had a little bit of play in it so it could be a bad bushing ( I went on to youtube searching for bad differential noise, and the same noise heard on the video is what im hearing) so I am convinced it could be that. However the brake drums gets extremely hot and it smells real burnt and is glowing red! It always used to smell and feel heated ever since I changed these pads but this is the worst it has gotten. Im not sure if these problems relate to the same problem or just my luck could be seperate stuff gone bad by coincidence after changing these pads?

Please help as I am lost. Any help apreciated.

Front Disc Pads

Rear Brake Pads

hmac300

October, 26, 2011 AT 5:09 PM

Alot of times theparking brake hangs up and doesn't release causing this. There are 2 different types of calipers on these cars. One has one piston and the other 2 pistons. There are a cople of problems associated with this, one being the caliper is hanging up an dnot releasing correctly or one of the pistons being forzen in place and not releasing. Also on the 2 piston design the pads could hang on the pins especially if the pins are worn. All this has to be checked. Also there cold be an abs problem but that would have to be scanned by a pro to find it if there is a code or not

Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Mercedes ML
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet