EXHAUST PROBLEM? SERIOUS OR NOT!?

2004 MG ZR

Francisco17

December, 19, 2011 AT 12:38 AM

Ive noticed a quiet sort of gargling noise coming from my exhaust on my MG ZR 1.4 after hard revs, when the revs run down to about 2k it will emit a small gargling noise, Its pretty standard have fitted a Cone filter and cold air feed, and ive got a back box on my exhaust system, its only started happening today ive driven it 5000 miles without any probs, could someone please tell me if this is bad or not? Thanks alot.

hmac300

December, 19, 2011 AT 1:28 AM

We dont' have any inof on these cars. But the only thing that may be bad is if the exaust system breaks inside. Then you would have a perfoomance isssue, like no power. The sound you hear is probably form modifying the air intake and exaust making it give this gurgling/droning sound you now hear. I wouldn't really be to conerned about it if the noise doesn't bother you.

Francisco17

December, 19, 2011 AT 1:10 PM

Thanks alot, I quite like the noise anyway, it sounds sporty so im not too bothered about it I was just wondering if it was anything bad/serious. Cheers anyway. : )

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Replace Muffler
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20