CENTRAL LOCKING

• totomittow
  • 2004 Mercedes Benz ML350

Recently the car has stopped responding to remote locking(i have to physically use the key to lock the car)initially I thought it was the remote battery, I changed that but didn't work.I also noticed the central locking button inside the car was not working. Here is where it gets tricky, if I leave the driver side door open the remote works!And I can central lock the car with the button inside the car. The car alarm works fine. Ive had the car for 4 years and its been fine
please help

Martin

Friday, September 30th, 2011 AT 11:12 AM

• mhpautos

Start with checking Fuse#42 it should be a 20Amp fuse.

Friday, September 30th, 2011 AT 11:32 AM
  • totomittow

Thanks a billion the fuse 42 was gone and funny enough they had a replacement (spare one in the cabinet):)
however theres a light on the dash staying on (SRS)? What could this be?

Friday, September 30th, 2011 AT 1:15 PM
  • mhpautos

SRS supplementary restraint system, (airbags & seat belt pretensioners) this light indicates that there is a fault in this system and with the light on the system is shut down, you will have to get a scan done to identify the exact fault code that is set in the ECU, I recommend that a Benz dealer do this as the system is complex and generic scanners may not be totally compatible.

Friday, September 30th, 2011 AT 1:24 PM