POWER STEERING INOP

2004 Mazda RX8

willie bailey

April, 3, 2012 AT 6:44 PM

The power steering went completely out yesterday. Before it was intermittent, it would go out and return when you shut the ignition off and restarted the car. I have been trying for two days to get it to engage. I disconnected the 6 pin harnees at the steering linkage, cleaned the pins, reconnected it and it engaged. Reinstalled the pan, down jacked the car and it was inop again. I am getting 11.46 volts from the harness, ignition switch on. I cleaned all the connectors, both side at the linkage and battery, the 60 amp fuse at the battery positive cable, is good. I checked the connectors at the steering module below the ECM, they look good. The power steering is still inop? Any suggestions? There is no voltage from the other three pin harness that connects to the steering linkage, ignition on.

saturntech9

April, 3, 2012 AT 6:53 PM

The first thing you need to do is have it scanned for codes that is are starting point. It will take a advanced scanner to do that.

Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer