MY BATTERY WILL NOT HOLD A CHARGE

• Crimson_Rae
  • 2004 Kia Optima

My battery will not hold a charge. I've changed the alternator, twice, as the first time it tested bad. Now the alternator and battery both test good and the car won't go more than 5 miles without the battery light coming on and the car dying down. After it won't start and I hear the "click click click" so, my starter is working. Someone said fusible link, but I can't find where that would be or how to change it? Any suggestions or photos would be helpful thank you

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 AT 2:26 AM

• saturntech9

Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?Have you tested to see if the alternator is charging in the car?

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 AT 2:28 AM
  • Crimson_Rae

I do not have a multimeter. I got the alternator tested after I replaced it and it was throwing enough amps. Earlier I started the car and un hooked the battery, and it was still running until I took the key out. So I went and got my battery tested at two places, it tested good. That's why someone told me fusible link, common sense would say it's in the box under the hood but my diagram shows me nothing of the sort and I have less than 30 mins to go buy a part if I can figure out what and where it is.

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 AT 2:33 AM
  • saturntech9

Go buy a multimeter and we will do some testing let me know when you have one.

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 AT 2:35 AM