FRONT END NOISE

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

miller2213

June, 14, 2013 AT 1:18 PM

Ive got a grinding/clanking noise when driving in 2wd. Noise not there when in 4wd. Has gotten much worse in the past few days and now it is humming while driving. No matter what the speed the grinding noise is still there. Even if I throw it in neutral and just coast its still there. Once again all these noises happen when im in 2wd not 4wd. Ive checked the brakes and rotors and things of that nature but im no mechanic. Im at a loss and would much appreciate some advise. Have any ideas? Thanks.

seangrant00

June, 27, 2013 AT 8:46 PM

Sounds like a differential problem, also could be a couple other things. Is your check engine light on?

miller2213

July, 5, 2013 AT 1:05 PM

Yes check engine light is on but it has been on long before this problem started to occur.

seangrant00

July, 8, 2013 AT 12:13 PM

I would still get the code scanned. Most auto parts stores will do it for free. There may be multiple codes on the computer, and this is the first step I would do.

Sean

Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Replace Tie Rod End
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado