I BOUGHT RECENTLY THE VEHICLE I WAS TOLD THAT ...

2004 Jaguar XJR

Musbah

February, 3, 2013 AT 5:19 PM

I bought recently the vehicle, I was told that all bushings are cracked and cannot be changed without changing the full lower arm, upper arm and control arm on both sides. Is there a possibility to replace only the bushings without having to buy all the expensive arms?

February, 3, 2013 AT 5:21 PM

Nope. Comes all in one. Welcome to owning a jag

Musbah

February, 3, 2013 AT 5:28 PM

Thks Roy,
Bad news. Do you recommend a good spare parts supplier "cheaper" than the dealer?

February, 3, 2013 AT 5:29 PM

Sure, there is company named auto parts international or API that has good pricing on imports

Musbah

February, 3, 2013 AT 5:40 PM

Thks Roy. Will try to get the parts, I love the car but it is proving to be costly to keep.

February, 3, 2013 AT 5:41 PM

Good luck

GGabrielK

June, 8, 2015 AT 8:35 AM

You can change out the bushings. Even the ball joints on the wishbones. They are pressed in and not easy to do, but look up the parts online or on ebay and just take the control arm to a shop with a press (which they all have). You can find a lot of information in the Jaguar forums.

Upper Control Arm Replacement
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Replace Tie Rod End
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado