• wesleyn1
  • 2004 Jaguar X-Type
  • AWD
  • automatic

I have a 2004 Jaguar x type when I cold start it. It starts right up after I drive it for about 30 or 45 min and turn it off it won't restart for about 15 min.

Sunday, April 3rd, 2011 AT 6:49 AM

• rasmataz

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Sunday, April 3rd, 2011 AT 6:59 AM