WHAT WOULD CAUSE ENIGNE TO DOG OUT

2004 Isuzu Rodeo

smicketysmash

February, 12, 2012 AT 2:32 AM

What would cause 2004 Rodeo 3.5 liter to dog out from 0-20 then take off from there extremely fast from 25 and up mph, and also turns check engine light on it runs great no matter where I go, but when taking off from dead stop to about 25 mph its extremely boggish. Then when it hits about thirty mph it gets up and takes off like it should wit no problem. Check engine will come on every 3-5 weeks driving it everyday

February, 12, 2012 AT 2:34 AM

Scan the computer for code/s -this is your starting

smicketysmash

February, 12, 2012 AT 2:39 AM

I already have done that and honest to god the codes I came back wit from autozone and orielleys were all C0246, C0242, C0282, there was eleven like that and one of them even said it was the eighth cylinder and it only has six, where do I go from here? Crankshaft sensor?

smicketysmash

February, 12, 2012 AT 3:03 AM

Anything?

February, 12, 2012 AT 3:22 AM

Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and see if the code/s comeback

smicketysmash

February, 12, 2012 AT 3:29 AM

I have also done that and it will not get the check engine light to come bck on, when I need it on its not lol. It is also doing way worse on gas now but doesnt have any problem starting or running it is just way hesitant taking off and it hasnt kicked the check engine light back on in well over a month now and I drive it everyday, I am pretty much lost on where to go besides it being the O2 sensors being bad. Would those being bad cause the problems I am having?

February, 12, 2012 AT 3:52 AM

Check he fuel pressure if its within specs and throttle position sensor,,also go this link:http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-hesitates

February, 12, 2012 AT 7:30 AM

C codes are for the ABS system and those codes you posted can be due to serial communication errors. There is a possibility of a loose wireharness connection somewhere.

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test