SPARK PLUG/ IGNITION COILS LAYOUT

2004 Infiniti G35

aukword1

June, 11, 2012 AT 2:34 AM

Hello, I was replacing my valve covers and gaskets and seem to have misplaced the ignition coils on the driver side of my engine. The numbers that used to be on there are deteriorated and no longer exist. Is there a way to describe how they come off the wire harness and match to each coil? My engine seems to misfire, bog out then stall.

June, 11, 2012 AT 5:07 PM

The coils does not matter and they are not marked for each cylinder. What matters would be the installation and wiring. Ensure everything is plugged in correctly and no sockets are loose.

aukword1

June, 11, 2012 AT 5:10 PM

But my question is within the wiring, is there a way to tell which plug goes to which coil off the wire harness?

June, 11, 2012 AT 5:18 PM

Under normal circumstances the wires should fit into each cylinder nicely due to there lenght. You should not fail reinstall them correctly but if the wire harness insualations have deteriorated, there is a possibility you can reinstall them out of position.

You would need to use wht wire color to determine which is for which. Check the diagram.

aukword1

June, 11, 2012 AT 5:52 PM

Thank you

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20