RATTLE

2004 Hyundai Tuscon

chockhead

September, 25, 2011 AT 2:52 PM

I have a rattle coming from beneath the car, But it is only when the egine is labouring or under load, I have checked the exhaust system with taps with a rubber mallet and everything seems OK.
Machanics have test driven the car with the windows open but come back scratching their heads, They seem to think that it is coming from the rear of the vehicle.I have had this problem for the last 6 months, I am coming to the end of my tether with it, Hope you can help.
Regards Chockhead

caradiodoc

September, 25, 2011 AT 4:33 PM

There is a tool you might be able to borrow or rent from an auto parts store that borrows them called the "Chassis Ear". It is a set of six microphones, a switch box, and headphones. You clip the microphones to suspect points, then drive around while listening with the headphones. You can move the microphones around to zero in on the source of the noise. Be aware that many mechanics have never seen or even heard of this tool. Suspension and alignment mechanics use it to find rattles, squeaks, and other noises.

roystebbens

December, 13, 2012 AT 11:36 AM

Had same problem with my tucson its the clutch plate hope this helps

Brake Pads/Rotor Replacement Chevy Silverado
Coolant Drain and Refill Chevrolet Tahoe
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage