FUEL GAUGE ISSUES...

2004 Hyundai Tiburon

ciprimm23

September, 6, 2012 AT 5:07 PM

Today I drove to the store and my fuel gauge was reading that I had just under half a tank of gas, (which is correct because I put 25 bucks in two days ago). The store is only 2 minutes down the road. When I was leaving the store, I noticed that the gauge is now showing empty, and the low fuel light is on. I didn't see any gas on the ground under the car or anything. I haven't tried anything yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

September, 6, 2012 AT 5:16 PM

First, verify it by filling up the tank. Someone may have siphoned your feul

otherwise the sender unit may have failed

ciprimm23

September, 6, 2012 AT 5:26 PM

Thanks for the response. I thought about the siphoning part, but feel like it's a slim chance as I was in for a very short time. When I got home I did shut the car off and start it again, however it was showing the same. I will try to fill it up and see what happens. I'll let you know what I find.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 6, 2012 AT 5:51 PM

It sounds like the sending unit may have gone bad or you could have a bad ground

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right