2004 HYUNDAI TIBURON HOW CAN I FIND OUT IF THE AIR BAGS ARE IN WORKING ORDER

• 2CarPros-Archives
  • 2004 Hyundai Tiburon
  • manual

Question: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 32,000 miles. My brother recently gave me his 2004 Hyundai Tiburon. It has a flood title on it, but the engine and all of the electrical components work fine. The interior is in good condition except for the middle of the steering wheel and the dashboard, you can see the outline of where the airbags are located. It looks like the covers stick out a little but are not torn off from airbag deployment.&Nbsp;How can I find out if the air bags are in working order and if they are not, how do I replace them?

Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 AT 2:02 AM

• 2CarPros-Archives

Under normal conditions if the SRS warning light is not on, the system is active. As far as water damage to igniters and other components.&Nbsp;We would suggest that you contact Hyundai direct (not the dealer) and talk to customer relations, they may be able to short cut you to the main technical department (who advise to dealerships on training and problem cars) regarding the possibilities of air bag damage.

Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 AT 2:04 AM