2004 Hyundai Santa Fe stuck in park

LDEIBERT
  • 2004 HYUNDAI SANTA FE
Went to go to store and shifter is stuck in park. I took off center console, shifter lever/catch is working properly when brake is depressed, when knob is depressed on gearshift, plastic lever is disengaged but cable will not give to move gearshift out of Park.
Saturday, October 26th, 2013 AT 9:45 AM

See if item in pic with arrow pointing to is actually moving it may bebrokend or shifter is broken in that spot
-1
Saturday, October 26th, 2013 AT 10:29 AM
LDEIBERT
I do not have it taken apart that far. Went out to check it out and now it doesn't start either. It started earlier, has all electric, doesn't turn over.
-1
Saturday, October 26th, 2013 AT 10:52 AM
Make sure it's in park then check your starter relay and clean battery terminal ends. It may be something yo have done with shifter as well like not ingear all theway so neutral switch isn't going o let you start.
Saturday, October 26th, 2013 AT 10:56 AM
LDEIBERT
Where is the Neutral Safety Switch located? I can not find any pics of location or diagrams online anywhere :(.
Thank you.
Saturday, October 26th, 2013 AT 2:37 PM
Top rear of transaxle, but if it'snot in park or neutral it won't start so it may be a cable or problem that you have created. By messing around with the shifter in car.
-1
Saturday, October 26th, 2013 AT 3:22 PM

Sponsored links