K ITS A 2

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe

geofftimmer

December, 20, 2012 AT 10:58 PM

K, its a 2.4l. Misfire at 3000 r's, let off the gas smooths out, give it gas and above 4500 smooths out, compression is even so new ngk plugs gapped to spec, new coils, wires and insulators, crank sens, cam sens, checked the timing belt, maf, new cat had come apart, and plugged the resonator, and muffler so those are new also air filters good the fuel pump is new got injectors for it tomorrow changed the pcm, no lites flicker in the dash cant get a code which is bs cause its missin like bi#& $ at 3000 but smooths out highr or lowr rpms and constant communication with the scanner nothin looks crazy but the trims, r at zero? Plugs r black, unplugged the upstream o2, map sensor, knock sensor and no change, also changed the ignition failure sensor and still has awesome spark and injector pulse at the time it misses. Valves stickin at that rpm?Why would it come and go?

December, 20, 2012 AT 11:37 PM

Did you monitor the TPS?

geofftimmer

December, 21, 2012 AT 12:40 AM

I kno it screams tps but I did sweep it with the vantage, smooth, as well as the crank sens

geofftimmer

December, 21, 2012 AT 12:48 AM

I can get it to happen all the time and its as if its killen spark to the sister cyls, buts its not, I got strong constant spark

Replacing a Knock Sensor