Transmission slipping engine light on TCS light on D flashes
Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 AT 4:11 PM
Thank you for the donation.
An error has been detected in the system and you need a scan to retrieve the trouble code to proceed with diagnostics and rectification.
Most parts outlets provides free scanning services. Get it done and post the EXACT trouble codes here and we shall proceed from there.
Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 AT 7:28 PM
Got 2 codes: P0740 and P1750. Do you need any other information!
Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 AT 9:06 PM
The information is sufficient.
You have a fault with the lock up control system and here are the diagnostics.
DTC P0740: PROBLEM IN LOCK-UP CONTROL SYSTEM
NOTE: Keep these replacement solenoid valves on hand: Torque converter clutch solenoid valve.
A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve C.
1. Measure the line pressure
Is the line pressure within the service limit?
YES - Go to step 2.
NO - Replace the transmission.
2. Replace torque converter clutch solenoid valve
3. Replace A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve C.
4. Clear the DTC with the scan tool or the HDS.
5. Using the scan tool, check to be sure that the engine coolant temperature is 176 F (80 C) or above.
6. Drive the vehicle under the same conditions as those indicated by the freeze data, or at 55 MPH (88 km/h) with very steady throttle for more than 1 minute.
7. Recheck for code P0740.
8. Does the scan tool or the HDS indicate code P0740?
YES - Remove the torque converter and inspect the O-ring. If the O-ring is missing, replace the O-ring. If the O-ring is damaged or OK, replace the transmission and torque converter.
NO - The system is OK at this time.
DTC P1750: MECHANICAL PROBLEM IN HYDRAULIC CONTROL SYSTEM OF A/T CLUTCH PRESSURE CONTROL SOLENOID VALVES A & B, OR PROBLEM IN THE HYDRAULIC CONTROL SYSTEM
1. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
2. Replace the A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valves A and B.
3. Clear the DTC with the scan tool or the HDS.
4. Drive the vehicle for several minutes in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears in the D position.
5. Recheck for code P1750.
6. Does the scan tool on the HDS indicate code P1750?
YES - Replace the transmission.
NO - The problem has been corrected.