I JUST PURCHASED MY 2004 HONDA CRV EX

2004 Honda CRV

Anonymous

April, 5, 2013 AT 8:54 PM

I just purchased my 2004 Honda CRV EX. It was a 1 owner with 106,121 miles on it. The vehicle runs great and I had it inspected by a local repair shop and they showed me all of the fluids except for the power steering looked very clean. They mentioned I may want to flush the power steering and refill. My issue is this, at very slow speeds 0-10mph, I hear a creaking sound that appears to be coming from the rear of the vehicle?
I found a 10" long rubber-coated, metal cylinder (1.5" diam.) With two bumpers on it. It rested at each end in 2¼" diameter holes. Kind of like this 0?0 It looks as if there were bushings in the holes but they were gone, allowing this heavy chunk of metal to clunk with every bump. I've checked later models and this piece is no longer a part of the suspension. Not sure if this is where the creaking sound is coming from or if it may be the struts? I am going to have it checked out again for clarification. Another post I read said this may be rear differential bushings and damper? I just don't know. Other than this the car runs great. Also, I have been reading online that the 2002- 2004 Honda CRV's had a known issue with the A/C Compressor going out and sending metal shards throughout the whole A/C system making it useless and costing over $3,000 to replace? Just curious if you have heard or are aware of this issue? Thanks, Joe.

April, 5, 2013 AT 10:43 PM

All cars have ac compressor issues. The cost is way over priced.

Just enjoy your car, service it regularly and it will take care of you

Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz
Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Pump Pulley Removal