What is this rubber plug for?

  • 2004 HONDA CIVIC
  • 11,500 MILES

It seems like my car has been broken into numerous times ( I have the value pkg - non electric windows-) recently I found a rubber plug on the floor the plug was on the drivers side floor is one inch in diameter, all black rubber with a curved rubber handle molded on the top (of rubber)and looks like a knife cut on one side. It looks like it was pried out of something. Where does this plug - or gasket come from. It is one inch high and wide and also there are 2 raised lines that meet in a circle which seems to be the part of the plug which is inserted into who knows where. I am worried someone is trying to sabotage my vehicle. Please give me any info about this plug asap. Thank you.I appreciate it.

Do you
have the same problem?
Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 9:57 PM

1 Reply

  • 49,779 POSTS

Check in the door where it meets the fender or in the back of the door where it meets the post. It looks like a plug for water intrusion

Was this
Wednesday, December 28th, 2011 AT 12:11 AM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Recommended Guides