CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

2004 Honda Accord

megank

December, 3, 2010 AT 4:25 AM

I have a 2004 Honda Accord. Within the past two months, my check engine light has come on three times. The first time it came on, I had the spark plugs replaced. The light went off and my car was running fine. A few weeks later, the check engine light came on again. That time, I had one of the coils replaced. The check engine light went off and the car seemed to be fine. That was one week ago. Today the check engine light came on again. It stayed on and when I would try and go faster, it would start blinking. I thought at first that it had something to do with the cold but my car warms up before I go anywhere so that can't be it. My car has about 88,000 miles on it and I know that every 100,000 miles a car is due for a major tuneup. However, I do not know anything about cars so I have no idea what could be wrong with it.

Jacobandnickolas

December, 3, 2010 AT 4:32 AM

Have you had the computer scanned to see what is causing the check engine light to come on this time? Most parts stores will do it for free.

Let me know.

megank

December, 3, 2010 AT 4:38 AM

No I haven't done that but I think I will. I didn't know you could get that done for free. Thanks!

Jacobandnickolas

December, 3, 2010 AT 5:00 AM

Most nationally recognized parts stores like Auto Zone, Advance Auto. Will do it for free unless you live in CA. They are not allowed in that state. I guess Big Brother is watching out for everyone. (Lol)

Let me know what you find.

megank

December, 3, 2010 AT 5:09 AM

Haha perfect I have an Auto Zone by my house. I will definitely go there tomorrow and let you know the outcome, thanks for your reply!

Honda Tech 1818

December, 3, 2010 AT 7:20 AM

It could be misfiring and it may need a valve adjustment.

megank

December, 3, 2010 AT 10:21 PM

Okay I went to Auto Zone today and it said misfires on cylinders one and two. I just replaced one of the coils, so it must be time to replace the others.

Jacobandnickolas

December, 6, 2010 AT 5:06 AM

Were the plugs replaced too?