HOW DO YOU SOLVE ENGINE VIBRATIONS PROBLEMS?

2004 GMC Envoy

michael nichols

February, 21, 2012 AT 12:02 AM

Following repairs have already been performed and still have problem: computer reprogramed, after market engine and transmission mounts installed, fuel injector cleaning, air injection reactor pump, air injection relay, air induction valve control solenoid, new ac delco spark plugs. Vibration was worse after the new mounts were replace. Mechanic into me over $2000.00 and now suggesting a new throttle body and replacing engine mounts with GM mounts.

cadieman

February, 21, 2012 AT 12:22 AM

Something is rubbing. Your part swaping isnt gonna help. Youll need to have the engine scoped first. It checks the oper. Of each cylinder. If someone drives where is the vibration felt?

michael nichols

February, 21, 2012 AT 12:51 AM

At start up vibration is noticed and felt over whole vehicle. Rattles the front grille. Smoothes out somewhat at higher rpms but I can feel the vibration through accelarator even at higher rpms. Have jacked up front of engine about an inch and vibration reduces significantly.

cadieman

February, 21, 2012 AT 1:33 AM

I would remove the front mount bolt. Than put the jack on the oil pan lift only a 1/2 inch check the noise if its still there replace the front mount bolt. Then do the same thing to the rear mount.

michael nichols

February, 21, 2012 AT 1:19 PM

THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER. DO YOU THINK REPLACING THE AFTER MARKET MOUNTS WITH THE GM MOUNTS WOULD MAKE A SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE? I EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT TRYING TO PUT SOME TYPE OF HARD RUBBER SHIMS ON THE FRONT MOUNTS SINCE RAISING ENGINE SEEMS TO HELP. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT IDEA? KNOW THAT IS "SHADE TREE" BUT I AM OUT OF REPAIR MONEY AND NEED TO GET THIS FIXED!

cadieman

February, 22, 2012 AT 1:46 AM

U need 2 remove the 2 mount bolts then jack it up. That will answer your question.

Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars
Engine Mount Replacement Chevrolet Cavalier
Engine Torque Mount Replacement