FUEL RAIL COMPRESSION VALVE

2004 GMC Envoy

joseluna01

July, 8, 2011 AT 7:31 PM

If you see in this diagram for a 2004 gmc envoy 6 cyl. There is no compression on valve item #12 in the following link. Is this the fuel rail valve that I need to check psi from? I checked the valve that is by the fuel filter for the fuel pump and there is enough compression there. So question is, is item #12 the fuel rail valve I need to be checking?
please email me at jose_moon24@yahoo. Com
items checked
coils- good ohms reading there
replaced coil boots
replaced spark plugs
cleaned out throtle body
before I check the fuel injectors I would like to know if item 12 is the fuel rail valve. Please advice, thank you! All the information found in your website is awesome!

Wrenchtech

July, 8, 2011 AT 7:48 PM

I have no idea what you're looking for but item 12 is just a vapor line and doesn't even carry fuel.

February, 3, 2012 AT 7:36 PM

You're probably looking for the fuel test port-does it look like a tire valve-If there's no pressure at the port-best check the fuel pressure with a gauge, to rule out the fuel filter and fuel pump-

Wrenchtech

February, 3, 2012 AT 8:45 PM

July?

February, 3, 2012 AT 9:24 PM

Wow! How did that happened-it pop up and I answered it-didn't realized the date-thought it was a new thread

Wrenchtech

February, 3, 2012 AT 9:33 PM

Site has been acting real weird lately.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe