I just got work done, on my car, and a.

JAKNIYAH
  • 2004 FORD TAURUS
I just got work done, on my car, and a mechanic said that I need a, push button starter, my question is, why, do I need a push button starter. Can't I just get it repaired the regular way, instead of having to resort to this sort of work around repair?
Sunday, October 23rd, 2011 AT 5:53 PM

ASEMASTER6371
What is the issue you have? We need more information.

Wednesday, October 26th, 2011 AT 9:08 PM
JAKNIYAH
My Taurus will not start. I had the alternator, spark plugs/wires, starter and battery change. I had a mechanic come by and do an analysis on the car, and he said that I need a push button starter.
The mechanic got it started, but it didn't start back up when I tried to start it again "by turning the ignition switch". "My question is" why cant I get the problem fixed the normal way, instead of having to get/buy a push button starter. Would the problem be associated with the electrical system, and if so, would it be possible to get it re-wired to fixed the problem.
Sunday, November 13th, 2011 AT 5:43 PM
JAKNIYAH
The mechanic did something under the hood, by the starter to get it started. The mechanic said that I need a push button starter. I prefer not to get a push button starter.
Sunday, November 13th, 2011 AT 5:48 PM
The starter control circuit could be open from the ignition switch thru transmission range switch and the starter relay-Do this pull the wire off from the starter relay S terminal and have helper hold key at cranking position -check for voltage-let us know
Sunday, November 13th, 2011 AT 6:43 PM
JAKNIYAH
I checked the ignition circuit and it was corroded and there was no voltage. I took out the fuse panel from inside of the vehicle and checked all of the relays in the panel and they are black at the tips; are the relays blown out, and if so, will I have to rewire the whole car and get all new relays?
Thursday, December 15th, 2011 AT 4:46 PM