I WAS DRIVING MY CAR FROM YOUNGSTOWN OHIO TO ...

2004 Ford Taurus

hisunshine

January, 14, 2013 AT 4:53 AM

I was driving my car from Youngstown Ohio to Cleveland Ohio on cruise, when all of a sudden my car began to lose power. Top speed was 45 mpr and idling very rough. I had my car checked because the service the engine light was on. I was told my catalytic converter was going bad. I had three coils in the back replaced and was told the other three needed replaced. HELP PLEASE!

saturntech9

January, 14, 2013 AT 4:58 AM

What are the exact code numbers you have not code descriptions? I haven't seen that many coils go bad at once?Sounds like you have a plugged cat have a exhaust back pressure test done.

hisunshine

January, 14, 2013 AT 5:09 AM

I do not know the codes, I was just told about both catalytic converter and coils. Will a clogged cat cause the power to drop?

saturntech9

January, 14, 2013 AT 6:16 AM

Oh yeah you have to have good air flow going in and good air going out of the engine.A plugged cat can greatly effect how the engine performs. See if you have a nice blue spark from the coils that they say need to be replaced? If they do they don't need to be replaced.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen