MY CAR HAS BEEN MAKING GRINDING NOISY FOR A ...

2004 Ford Focus

Anonymous

March, 18, 2013 AT 6:17 PM

My car has been making grinding noisy for a coupleof months. But my garage said my brakes were ok. Then at the weekend I was going around a roundabout, a car pulled out in front of me so Ilightly applied my brake. The brake locked on and I ended up on the roundabout. What could be wrong?

March, 19, 2013 AT 5:39 AM

SOMETIMES BRAKE HOSES INTERNALLY SCREW UP

THEY ACT LIKE A "CHECK VALVE"---FLUID WILL PUSH THRU TO THE CALIPER----BUT WHEN YOU LET GO OF THE PEDAL, THE FLUID IS UNABLE TO BACK UP (TO RELEASE THE CALIPER)

SOMETIMES WITH A LITTLE TIME, IT WILL SLOWLY BACK OFF ON IT'S OWN

. BUT. IF YOU CAN "CATCH IT" STILL LOCKED. YOU CAN VERIFY MY POSSIBLE DIAGNOSIS BY DOING THIS: 1) OPEN THE "BLEEDER SCREW". IF IT RELEASES, WE KNOW THE CALIPER WAS PRESSURIZED. PRESSURE IS THE PROBLEM

2) CLOSE THE BLEEDER SCREW. GET THE CALIPER TO LOCK UP AGAIN (PUSHING THE BRAKE PEDAL

3) NOW LETS TAKE THE UPPER END OF THE BRAKE HOSE LOOSE (THE END CLOSEST TO THE MASTER CYLINDER). YOU HAVE JUST RELIVED PRESSURE (IF ANY) BACK TOWARDS THE MASTER CYLINDER. IF THE CALIPER IS STILL LOCKED UP. THE HOSE IS CAUSING IT

4) SOME PEOPLE GO ONE STEP FURTHER AND TAKE THE OTHER END OF THE HOSE OFF OF THE CALIPER TO SEE IF THE PRESSURE RELIEVES THERE

IF STEP "1" DID NOT MAKE THE CALIPER RELEASE---SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE CALIPER ITSELF

LET US KNOW WHAT YOU FIND

Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz