HELLO! I AM PRETTY SURE THE DRIVERS FRONT WHEEL ...

2004 Ford Explorer

Anonymous

February, 17, 2013 AT 9:36 PM

Hello! I am pretty sure the drivers front wheel bearing is going bad in my girlfriends 2004 explorer 2wd. Does the 2wd have a bearing hub like the 4wd? I am having a hard time finding a bearing set. I have not pulled the wheel yet to look at it. I just wanted to buy the parts first so I would have them. Any info or diagrams would help. I have looked all over the internet for help. Thanks, Ken

February, 17, 2013 AT 9:39 PM

Do you have the new bearing? Is it a complete hub assembly?
Alldata is ver vague on the 2wd model.

tesla914

February, 17, 2013 AT 10:26 PM

No. Have been looking for the parts on autozone website, and orielly website. All it lists is a hub assembly. I am guessing that the 2wd has an assembly just like the 4wd. I wanted to have the parts ready, since my girlfriend lives miles away from an auto parts store. I have never replaced the front bearings on a Ford. I assumed it was just like most 2wd vehicles, and the bearings were packed in the rotor.

Wheel Bearing Hub Replacement
CV Drive Axle Replacement Nissan Altima
CV Axle Replacement
CV Axle Replacement
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage