WHEN I ACCERERLATE THE CAR BEEPS AT ME AND THE BATTERY LIGHT WILL FLASH FOR A SECOND.

2004 Ford Explorer

bschohn

June, 25, 2012 AT 7:41 PM

The beep only last a second or two then stops. The battery light on the dash flashes very quickly at the same time, then it all stops. I have replaced the battery but it is still happening.

Why Is My Battery Light On?

1 IMAGE

Gen Light

saturntech9

June, 25, 2012 AT 8:06 PM

Have you had the alternator tested you?

bschohn

June, 25, 2012 AT 8:17 PM

Yes, they said it was good.

saturntech9

June, 25, 2012 AT 9:19 PM

So the battery cables were clean and tight where they go on the battery?Your going to have to check all the connections at the alternator the battery cables from the battery to the end where they connect. Also while its running have someone watch for the battery light coming on while moving wires around. Also have you checked for codes in the computer yet?

bschohn

June, 26, 2012 AT 12:02 AM

How do you check the codes?

saturntech9

June, 26, 2012 AT 12:17 AM

With a obd2 code reader take it to a auto parts store and have them scan it for codes. Post the exact code numbers if there are any not the code descriptions.

bschohn

June, 26, 2012 AT 1:48 PM

I'm sorry I don't quite understand the. Post the exact code numbers if there are any not the code descriptions.

saturntech9

June, 26, 2012 AT 1:55 PM

What iam talking about is I want you to post the exact code numbers. Which if you have any would be a letter followed by a four digit number. Not the code description like egr excessive flow which is listed after the actual code number on the scan tool.

bschohn

June, 26, 2012 AT 1:59 PM

Ok - I will try to get to a auto part store today during lunch. Thanks!

saturntech9

June, 26, 2012 AT 2:01 PM

Your welcome keep me posted.

Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet