...

• Sassysady
  • 2004 FORD ESCAPE

"HI. WE JUST REPLACED THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER ON MY BUT NOW IT POPS AND YOU CAN SEE IT POP BACK AS WELL. PLEASE HELP ME ON WHAT WE DID.

Saturday, February 4th, 2012 AT 8:28 PM

• Rasmataz

Check the exhaust system for restriction and also the EGR valve to include the fuel pressure

Saturday, February 4th, 2012 AT 10:25 PM
  • Sassysady

Thanks :)

Saturday, February 4th, 2012 AT 10:41 PM
  • Mhpautos

Check for up stream exhaust leaks.

Sunday, February 5th, 2012 AT 1:08 AM
  • Fixitmr

Why did you change it?

Sunday, February 5th, 2012 AT 3:13 PM
  • Sassysady

Hey there. We changed it cause it was running horribly. So we changed the spark plugs, fuel filter and it still ran like crap. When we removed the c. Converter there was charcoal stuff falling out of it so I knew it was clogged. Then we put the new one on which we bought new from advanced auto it ran perfectly for bout 35sec then I heard "POP" and then it kept making the popping noise and the converter was like kicking back too. The noise came from the converter. There was smoke coming from the exhaust pipe too. This has been such a head ach. We tightened it up last night too but it still does the same thing. Im going nuts here and cant afford to take it to the shop

Sunday, February 5th, 2012 AT 3:48 PM
  • Fixitmr

Sounds like it's still running badly not because of CAT though. No CEL on to get codes from to help diagnose?

Wednesday, February 8th, 2012 AT 8:16 PM