ACTUATOR

2004 Ford Crown Victoria

vverney03

June, 12, 2008 AT 2:28 PM

Air Conditioning problem
2004 Ford Crown Victoria V8 Automatic

Where exactly is the blend air actuator located!

merlin2021

June, 12, 2008 AT 2:52 PM

On the a/c plenum, usually requires removing parts near the ashtray to get at it. If you mean the temperature blend door.

vverney03

June, 12, 2008 AT 2:56 PM

Well I think I do. When I turn on the air conditioner the air does not blow through the vents, it only blows out the defroster and the feet. I had a quote for it and it said " blend air actuator.&Quot; The part is only about 70.00 and the service fee is about 400.00 so we are wanting to do it ourselves, but are a little unsure of exactly what needs to be taken off in order to find the actuator and replace it.

merlin2021

June, 12, 2008 AT 3:45 PM

Is it out of those two vents only? Or just while stepping on the gas? If it's the latter, it could be a vacuum leak.

vverney03

June, 12, 2008 AT 3:50 PM

No, it is like that ALL of the time. Heater, A/C, everything. Is this something you think we could do ourselves? We are very car savvy for the most part, but this is something we have never had to deal with. Would it require taking off the entire dash and then it should be located behind the cup holder/ash tray!

merlin2021

June, 12, 2008 AT 3:54 PM

Run the self diagnostic test on it by turning the key to on, then press off and floor at the same time, then within 2 secs, press auto, If there is a problem a trouble code will appear on the display. To exit self test, press the BLUE, cooler button this also retains error codes, To erase code and exit, press defrost, choose one of these before you power down the system. Test with engine at 120 degrees or more, and cabine between 40-90 degrees. Post any codes recorded here and I let you know what's defective. It should show an 024 or 025 if not tell me what it is and I will tell tou the trouble.

bbcow69

July, 18, 2008 AT 11:15 AM

I hope you still read this post. I am not the person who started this question but I am having the exact same problem on my 04 Crown Vic. When I tried to get the error code like you said it appeared to work even had a flashing light like it was thinking for a minute. After about 30 seconds all lights on the display light up like it was doing a light test but no code unless it was 888 but I think that was just a part of the light test.

Any thoughts?

merlin2021

July, 18, 2008 AT 3:01 PM

888 means you passed the test! Do you hear any hiss like a vacuum leak? Try this test, turn on the a/c and press each button one at a time, floor, defrost, panel, do you hear a constant hiss? A quick hiss then quite? Or nothing?

bbcow69

July, 20, 2008 AT 7:51 PM

Well I tried switching between different settings and could hear no change in anything and no hissing.

I did take the part out of the dash and look at it from the back to see what I could see and noticed everything looked tight and snug. There were 5 colored hoses entering the back of the control module and all were sung being held on by a rubber fitting and two nuts. There was an empty connector there that looked like it was to have a hose on it but it did not, also there was no hose loose like it had come off that spot. To me it appeared that this was an unused connection.

Any thoughts.

merlin2021

July, 21, 2008 AT 2:37 AM

Find the black vacuumline that runs from the brake booster to the intake, to a reservoir tank, it has a crack.

Slobodon

September, 1, 2011 AT 2:46 PM

3 years later. I am trying to remove the right actuator behind the middle console. Got the two small screws out. Is there a way to get it out of the heater box without removing the whole assembly and dash?

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace